PDA

View Full Version : Trivisio Colibri Wireless

Timbuntu
03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if the Colibri Wireless is supported by vizard?
I found the very brief documentation on the trivisio plugin, but though the sensors work fine with the native api, vizard cant find them. Specifying the com-port does not work either. So maybe only wired colibris are supported?
I guess I'd then have to write a DLL using the API or use VRPN?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,
Tim

farshizzo
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
We have only tested the plugin with the wired version, so it could definitely be possible that the wireless version is not supported. Do you know if the wireless version uses a different API than the wired? Also, are you getting any error messages in Vizard when attempting to connect to the device?

Timbuntu
03-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Hey there,

the error message is:

trivisio.dle Trivisio Extension
** ERROR: Failed to detect available Colibri sensor
** ERROR: Failed to create extension sensor with trivisio.dle

The Initialization of the Sensors is different API wise. So its reasonable that the Plugin does not work with the wireless version. The Colibri-W Version comes with a dongle that gets initialized first. Then the actual Sensor gets connected and you may get Data from it. Afaik the wired version has no specific dongle that would need to be initialized.
The actual call to get the orientation data is identical in both versions. Are there plans to support the colibri-w?

The current API Version (3.1.2) comes with an example that uses a flag to determine if you want to use wireless or wired and calls the appropriate init functions.

farshizzo
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
We don't currently have access to a Colibri Wireless device, so we don't have plans to add support yet. Do you know if the latest API (3.1.2) is publicly available?

If you need support for the wireless soon, then you can get the Vizard SDK from our downloads page and create your own plugin.

Timbuntu
11-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Just a note for other people stumbling upon this thread.
Worldviz has added support for the wireless colibris with on of the last versions.
Thanks a lot for that :)
Best,
Tim