PDA

View Full Version : Morphing 3D Heads' Structure

vkitty
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi there,

I had a question on how to best morph two 3D heads made with PeopleMaker. Essentially, what I am trying to do is not only morph the textures of the two unique heads (which can be easily done in MagicMorph), but I am also trying to create a morph of these two heads' geometry (ie, polygon) so that I can have a new 3D head which is the fusion of two different ones.

What I am wondering is whether there is anyway to morph the polygons of two 3Dheads, whether in Vizard or in PeopleMaker and whether textures have to be morphed separately or is there a method that can take two heads and morph both textures and geometry at once.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks so much for you help!

farshizzo
10-20-2006, 12:17 PM
PeopleMaker was made for this exact reason. It allows you to create morph targets for a head so that it can be morphed into any other shape.

You need to make sure that both your heads have the same polygon structure (same number of polygons, and same ordering of polygons).

Vizard comes with a sample script that will blend two heads including the textures. The texture blending is done separately from the head morphing though. The location of the script is [Vizard30]\tutorial\avatarhead\tutorial_headmoph.py

vkitty
10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am trying to morph the two heads in peoplemaker but receive the error that the "models have a different number of geometric components." In order to correct this error, I presume that I have to make the two heads have the same (or about the same) number of polygons? I checked the number of polygons each has in 3DStudioMax, and one has 3x the number of polygons then the other. When I tried to optimize the large head though, I had no luck. Should I do the optimizing on the head when it is a .bio file or .vrml? Thanks!

farshizzo
10-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Are you using 3DMeNow? If so, make sure you export both heads with the same level of detail. It should preserve the number and order of vertices.