PDA

View Full Version : Passing sensor data to C++ GUI

vizmaster
10-04-2006, 12:27 PM
I have a GUI written in C++ that sends a filename to a Vizard script using a mailslot. (Thanks for the code). Now I would like to send sensor data back to the GUI for the Vizard script. Should I use the same mailslot and then break up the message in the GUI (since it is a test string). OR should I use/move to viz.NETWORK? Which prevents reading and writing at the same time?

farshizzo
10-04-2006, 12:39 PM
You can read/write with both mailbox and network objects. I can provide you with sample C++ code for recieving data through a mailslot.

vizmaster
10-05-2006, 11:37 AM
I actually figured out the receive part. Would like to see your sample code to see if we came up with the same thing. Also noted that a recent thread indicates that viz.NETWORK does not work in 3.0. Would like to use this instead so that I can pass the sensor data as numeric values. With MAILBOX I am trying to figure out the conversion from text back to numeric.
On a seperate yet related subject. I can only test on my local PC. Is there a way to have a seperate mailbox for send and receive? Can I do something like
mailbox = viz.add(viz.MAILBOX,'Machine\MailOut')

Thanks,