PDA

View Full Version : importing cal3d files into vizard

vAlexia
09-18-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm exporting 3ds max avatars from complete-characters.com into vizard, and everything works but the material file. (i.e. skeleton, mesh and animations import fine.) When I export in 3ds, it asks me for the texture map and I give it the location. I also have the texture map in the same folder as the other avatar files. But my avatar still turns out silvery grey. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Gladsomebeast
09-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Are the texture files in the same directory as the avatar's .cfg file that you load in Vizard?

vAlexia
09-19-2006, 12:56 PM
yes, they are in the same directory.

vAlexia
09-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I downloaded the cal3d miniviewer and viewed the exported files. Looks like the material isn't showing up there either. I spoke with Michael at vizard the other day about this and he was saying he wasn't having much luck exporting the complete-characters.com avatars either. Is there any way to get those characters to work in vizard?

k_iwan
10-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi,

I'm not a 3ds max user but I had similar problem with blender. Texture applied but still appeared silvery-shiny. I think it was exporter problem and material/texture naming problem inside blender.

I fixed the by giving correct material/texture name in blender and upgraded my exporter. Perhaps, you can check your material naming/directory of your object under material window? and see if it points to the correct material directory?

Regards,
Iwan