PDA

View Full Version : Vizard bombs out when spawning threads

pbeeson
08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I wrote some code that spawns a thread to run an xmlrpc server that lets me control Vizard remotely (from a Linux machine running a program written in C++). Everything actually WORKS just fine. But, when I press "Run", the Vizard environment bombs out, but the actual display keeps running fine, I just can't see any debugging output or catch CTRL-C once the Vizard environment errors. Also, when I double click the main file to run outside the Vizard environment, the program works just fine and the black window that catches print commads gives debugging info without crashing.

Attached is an exmaple. If you double click the file, it will run just fine, but if you open it in Vizard then click run, the Vizard environment bombs out.

I hope this forum is a reasonable place to post bugs. I couldn't find anywhere else online.

farshizzo
08-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Are you using Vizard 2.5? If so, this problem has been most likely solved in Vizard 3.0. We are about to release beta 2 of 3.0 this week. Contact support@worldviz.com if you would like to sign up for the beta relase.

pbeeson
08-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Yes, I was running 2.53g. I'll try the beta 2 of version 3 (though this problem doesn't really affect the overall functionality of Vizard 2.5, it's just a little annoying bug).

pbeeson
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Update:

By forcing myself to viz.director instead of my own threading class, I was able to bypass this problem (plus I don't have to worry about making sure the other thread ends properly).