PDA

View Full Version : look, no hands

cade_mccall
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Hello Worldviz peeps,

We're trying to put vzf heads on some cal3d avatars but whenever we call the face function, the hand meshes on the avatars dissappear. Any ideas?

Gladsomebeast
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Can you send me your face (.vzf) files?

cade_mccall
08-01-2006, 09:15 PM
The disappearing hand problem was mysteriously solved by flipping the order in which i added the head and body in the script. So, the hands won't appear if I use the following code:
male = viz.add('male_basic_cr2.cfg')
head = viz.add('heads/male_1.vzf')
male.face(head)

buy they will appear if I flip the first two lines.

I have a new problem, though, along similar lines. I want to use billboarding with my avatar. I have to apply the billboarding to both the body and the head or else the head acts independently. This doesn't look too great, though, with changes in pitch and roll. So, I want to switch to mode 2 of the billboarding function. However, when I do so, the head disppears completely.

Please advise.

farshizzo
08-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Will you please provide us with a script that recreates the disappearing hands problem. I would like to get this fixed as soon as possible. Please include all your resources in the sample. Also, which version of Vizard are you using?

If you want to billboard an avatar with a face attached it is probably best to manually perform the billboarding. Here is a sample script that shows how to perform this:import viz
viz.go()

male = viz.add('male.cfg')
face = viz.add('biohead_talk.vzf')

male.setFace(face)

def BillboardAvatar():
p1 = male.getPosition()
p2 = viz.MainView.getPosition()
angle = vizmat.AngleToPoint(p1[0],p1[2],p2[0],p2[2])
male.setEuler(angle,0,0)
vizact.ontimer(0,BillboardAvatar)