PDA

View Full Version : foreign language support??

dig
07-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Hey all...
Is there a way to have Vizard display text in a language other than English? I'm trying it out for an experiment in Greek but the text just doesn't come up right. Any ideas?
m

tobin
07-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Are you saying that TEXT_3D doesn't correctly display other language fonts?

glepoura
10-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I've also tried displaying Greek with myText = viz.add(viz.TEXT3D, 'Text to display'), it seems it only displays iso-8859-1 encoding. I had the same problem when I tried adding a text from the GUI tab. In that case I also tried directly editing the text in the .viz file, but when I reopenned the .py document it was corrupted... The text doesn't display properly in both the development environment and runtime.

glepoura
10-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I tried altering the Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel. Under Advanced there is an option "language for non-unicode programs". I've set it to Greek (had to reboot) and now greek fonts appear okay in the Development environment. However, the problem still remains when I execute the VR world.
Another curious thing is that if I save and reload the program the text value in the GUI tab is altered (like Unicode...). I'll keep searching the issue.
Do you know what is the default encoding for a vizard application?

farshizzo
10-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Vizard currently uses ASCII encoding. We will try to add Unicode support in a future release, hopefully in the final 3.0 version.