PDA

View Full Version : Cannot properly load dae file with Rendering

Dustin
10-27-2016, 06:49 AM
I am trying to load a .dae file which I created in Blender into Vizard. I am having trouble loading the file and placing the avatar inside the maze. I would like the position of the view to be at the end of the maze, which should be at the coordinates I am using. However, my viewpoint seems to get stuck below the maze and I am able to move through/under parts of the walls but others not. Why is this happening?

The maze also has rendered walls and floors, but when I load it into vizard everything is white - how can I get this to work?

Are there any tutorials that cover these points that I am missing? Somehow I could not find relevant information in them...

I have attached my maze file inside a .zip and below is the code I am trying to use:

import viz

viz.setMultiSample(4)
viz.fov(60)
viz.go()

viz.add('VizardExperiments/mazes/RoomMaze2.dae', viz.WORLD, viz.VizScene(0))
viz.MainView.setPosition([-15, 0, 1])

viz.MainView.collision( viz.ON )

Jeff
10-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Try the following code to place the user in the maze and lower the eyeheight so they are not above the height of the walls:

import viz

viz.setMultiSample(4)
viz.fov(60)
viz.go()

ground = viz.add('ground.osgb')
maze = viz.add('RoomMaze2.dae')
maze.zoffset()

viz.MainView.collision( viz.ON )
viz.MainView.setPosition([-13,0.5,0.5])
viz.MainView.setEuler([90,0,0])
viz.eyeheight(0.5)

Are there textures for the walls and floor or did you change the material some other way? I'm not sure what material changes in blender carry over to the collada file. You might try loading the model in another viewer that supports collada and see if it also happens there.