PDA

View Full Version : Need help with texturing...

k_iwan
05-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Hi,

I have several question, and I'm hoping that someone could help me.

1.) How do I apply Normal/Bumpmap properly? I use xxxx.bumpmap('xxx'.jpg,0) and the light no longer have effect in the scene. Light Intensity 0 and 10 makes no difference at all.

2.) Is it possible to apply a Specular Map?

3.) How to add a detail texture on top of color texture?
I.e. when you apply 2k x 2k texture on a surface, from a distance it looks great but if you come closer it will look really ugly. What I want is to apply another detail texture 512 x 512, reapeating 10 times across 2k by 2k surface, so that in close distance, it would still look detail/good. Is this possible?

4.) Is it possible to apply Glow effects on texture?
5.) Is it possible to have Glow/Bloom effect on skybox?
6.) Is it possible to have motion blur effect on camera/viewport?

Regards,

k_iwan

Gladsomebeast
05-16-2006, 11:15 AM
1. Check this thread for a code example of bumpmapping. http://www.worldviz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378
The fourth parameter to <VizNode>.bumpmap() is a light number. This tells Vizard which light will be interacting with the bumpmap. The default light is the headlamp attached to the viewpoint.

2. Would need to write a plugin for it.

3. The following code tiles a texture across a surface. Can you simply apply your detailed texture with this, abandoning the 2k sized texture?

quad = viz.add(viz.TEXQUAD)
quad.translate(0,1.6,4)
quad.scale( 3, 3, 1 )

x = viz.Transform()
x.setScale(3,3,1)
quad.texmat(x)

tex = viz.add('ball.jpg')
quad.texture(tex)

tex.wrap(viz.WRAP_S,viz.REPEAT)
tex.wrap(viz.WRAP_T,viz.REPEAT)

glow = viz.add('glow.dlm')

tex.modify( glow )

4,5,6: All these could be done with the creation of custom plugins. Check out the Vizard Plug-in SDK download to see how this is done.

k_iwan
05-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks for your explanation, I'll have a look into Vizard Plug Ins SDK.

Regards,
Iwan