PDA

View Full Version : External package problem from Vizard Package Manager

pwsnow
06-13-2014, 03:28 AM
Dear Forum,

Has anyone had problems using packaging that has been downloaded and installed via the package manager in Vizard?

I recently installed the pykalman package and when I try to run a very simple script to see if the package is working properly (just importing viz and pykalman modules before calling viz.go() ) and I get this error message:

** Loading pykalman_test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
File "C:\SWIG_EXAMPLE\HapticMaster\HapticMasterEx\tpose_ reset_demo\pykalman_test.py", line 2, in <module>
import pykalman
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldViz\Vizard4.10\bin\lib\site-packages\pykalman\__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
from .standard import KalmanFilter
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldViz\Vizard4.10\bin\lib\site-packages\pykalman\standard.py", line 12, in <module>
from scipy import linalg
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldViz\Vizard4.10\bin\lib\site-packages\scipy\linalg\__init__.py", line 159, in <module>
from .misc import *
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldViz\Vizard4.10\bin\lib\site-packages\scipy\linalg\misc.py", line 5, in <module>
from . import blas
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldViz\Vizard4.10\bin\lib\site-packages\scipy\linalg\blas.py", line 145, in <module>
from scipy.linalg import _fblas
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
** Load Time: 0.15 seconds

I have read before on this forum that I might have to manually install the packages. I have tried that before with no luck. Also by installing via the package manager the dependencies that pykalman requires (numpy, scipy, Sphinx, numpydoc, nose) which I have also have installed. It does seem to be a problem with scipy, so I’ll try to sort that out.

Has anyone else come across this before?

Regards,

Peter

pwsnow
06-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Please forget the above post. I have just solved the problem! There was a problem with the SciPy package and I resorted to a full package from the sourceforge site and everything works fine now!