PDA

View Full Version : Error using CMF export from 3ds max to cal3d in some avatars

disbeat
04-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Hi guys,

I'm having a strange error when exporting facial expressions as a mesh (CMF) in some avatars (HD pack).

For instance, I change a facial bone in the 3ds max (I've tried with 2011 64bits, 2011 32bits, 2013 64bits and 2013 62bits) and export a mesh through your cal3d exporter.

Then I import it as morph in the cfg file of the avatar. I have the morph file in the same folder as the cfg file. Bellow there's an example of the cfg file I'm using.

When I add the avatar in vizard, I get the following error:

Loading File: resources\m002.cfg
cal3d : Internal error in .\coremesh.cpp(160)
** WARNING: Failed to load morph file: m002_happy.CMF
cal3d : Internal error in .\coremesh.cpp(160)
** WARNING: Failed to load morph file: m002_sad.CMF

This happens for m002 avatar, but not for m001, for instance. Can you help me understand the problem? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

Best regards,
Marco

################################################
#
# Cal3d cfg File
#
################################################

path = Male\

scale = 0.01
flip_texture = 1

################# Skeleton #################
skeleton = Skel\CC2_mHigh_Skeleton.CSF

################# Meshes #################
mesh = Mesh\CC2_m002_hipoly.CMF
morph = m002_happy.CMF
morph = m002_sad.CMF

################# Animations #################

################# Materials #################
material = Material\CC2_m002_hipoly_1.CRF
material = Material\CC2_m002_hipoly_2.CRF
material = Material\CC2_m002_hipoly_3.CRF

Jeff
04-15-2014, 07:23 AM
We've added several facial morphs to the HD character pack. This includes happy, sad, and a few others. If you purchased the HD characters then you can get the new files. Please contact support@worldviz.com to follow up on this.

disbeat
04-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Thank you Jeff, I will do as you suggest.

Nevertheless, shouldn't I be able to create my own meshes and export them, since I have access to the sources?

Jeff
04-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Yes, one of our artists will look into the error you are getting.

Jeff
04-15-2014, 11:40 PM
This error means that the number of vertices in the morph mesh does not match the number of vertices in the base mesh. You need to ensure that both meshes have the same number of vertices.