PDA

View Full Version : Polhemus Liberty Latus connecting error

Yang
02-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Hi,

I am trying to connect Vizard to Polhemus Liberty Latus.

First of all, I set up the receptor and marker according to the user manual of Polhemus Liberty Latus. Then I launch a wireless marker successfully using the PiMgr program supplied by the Liberty Latus. The marker can track accurately when run with PiMgr.

Then with everything open, I input the following codes in Vizard according to the user reference in Polhemus Plug-in:

polhemus = viz.add('polhemus.dle')
libertylatus = polhemus.addLibertyLatus(marker=0,receptor=1)

It has no problem in creating the Polhemus extension. But trying to connect with Liberty Latus gives me the following error:

** ERROR: Failed to connect to a Patriot Wireless/Libert LATUS: Device not found
** ERROR: Failed to create extension sensor with polhemus.dle

Then I also tried to specify the number for marker and receptor. But same error messages come up.

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

farshizzo
02-12-2013, 12:57 PM
When you say "with everything open", are you referring to PiMgr? I don't think to applications can access the device simultaneously, so you should close down PiMgr before attempting to connect to the device in Vizard.

Yang
02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
When you say "with everything open", are you referring to PiMgr? I don't think to applications can access the device simultaneously, so you should close down PiMgr before attempting to connect to the device in Vizard.
Hi farshizzo,

Thanks for your reply. I tried again with PiMgr closed (Liberty Latus & marker open). I got a dialog box jumped out, saying: An unhandled win32 exception occured in winviz.exe[3712].
Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

Yang