PDA

View Full Version : First Person View - Hands

REI
11-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Hi @all, I have a quick question. Is there a way to hide the avatar body parts? The attribute "visible(viz.OFF)" does not work here unfortunately. I'm just want to simulate the first-person view with hands. So I thought that I just can hide individual body parts of the avatar.. but it does not seem to work...

avatar = viz.addAvatar('vcc_male.cfg')
sampleBone = avatar.getBone('Bip01 L UpperArm')
sampleBone.visible( viz.OFF )

It's even possible to hide the whole avatar (or another objects) but not the individual parts of the body..

Can someone help me? :o

Jeff
11-09-2012, 10:43 AM
The avatar is made up of two meshes, head and body. It's possible to hide the whole avatar or either one of those.

If you want to just show hands you can try the hand models included with Vizard, hand.cfg and hand_left.cfg.

REI
11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Thank you Jeff. I know about these models which unfortunately are not rigged. As well I mean the arms (sorry..).
I suspect there are no source-files of the avatar-models which I could simply modify myself, I'm right? :]

Jeff
11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
The source files are provided if you purchase the Vizard Complete Character (http://www.worldviz.com/products/avatars) set.

It's still not clear to me exactly what you are trying to do. You can get a first person view without hiding parts of the avatar.

REI
11-19-2012, 04:51 AM
I need to get control of the arms (the joints) using external devices. I do not need the entire body but only the arms, as we know them from every FPS-Game.. The professional models are not required.
This is a major project which have to be implemented with this engine, to which I (think) already come up against the limits (first of all the env.-lighting).
My idea was to gain access to the single parts of the body and hide them, which unfortunately does not seem to work..