PDA

View Full Version : Patriot and Vizard

initionSteve
10-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to use a patriot tracker with vizcave. I'm comfortable enough with the maths and I have a functional patriot attached to my computer. I have used the PiMgr software and confirmed that the patriot is working and producing sensible data.

I am using a simple test script:
polhemus = viz.add('polhemus.dle')
patriot1 = polhemus.addPatriot()
viz.link(patriot1,viz.MainView)

(I typed that manually because I can't access the web from that computer right at this moment. The code was copied from your help docs, so any spelling mistakes above are not in the code)

I get the following feedback:
pohemus.dle Polhemus Extension
NOTIFY: Connected to Patriot over USB: 0 sensors detected
** ERROR: Failed to connect to a Patriot/Liberty: Device not found
** ERROR: Failed to create extension sensor with polhemus.dle
** ERROR: Link failed (source linkable is invalid)

If I turn the patriot off, then I no longer get the "NOTIFY: Connected to Patriot..." line.

I suspect my drivers, since the version of PDI.dll on my computer comes from 09/05/2007 (That's UK date format :)) whereas the version of PDI.dll in the vizard bin folder is from 04/05/2011. I have no idea where to get drivers from - the polhemus site links to you! :)

Also, just to be sure - making sure that the sensor is in the right place, etc is only necessary when I'm trying to get good data out, right? If I'm doing that wrong, I should still get some data, even if it's garbage. Or am I missing something important?

If anyone has any ideas for how to update it, or a link to some updated drivers, then I'm all ears. If you need any data, I would be more than happy to provide it.

Thanks,
Steve

Jeff
10-05-2011, 02:00 PM
This sounds like it could be a compatibility issue with drivers/firmware and version of PDI.dll.

Can you write to support@worldviz.com with the following:

1. firmware version: In piMgr go to help/about PiMgr and take a screen shot of the information displayed

2. driver versions

You're right, placing the sensors correctly during startup and when running the script is not related to the connection but hemisphere tracking.