PDA

View Full Version : Tk with Vizard abnormal behaviour

Gilliard
08-03-2005, 07:00 AM
You have published how to use Tk with Vizard (farshizzo, "Tk with Vizard", 06-23-2003 06:27PM , and sled, follwing days).
I have loaded tkinter.zip as indicated.
Difference : it contains now tcl84.dll / tk84.dll instead 83 as in indicated in the forum. (I use Vizard 2.51c Trial)

Behaviour : The attach example "weiganggui" , (loaded from forum, sled 06-23-2003 08:16PM) doesn't work correctly as soon as viz is called : Instead of a single dialog window, it opens then TWO windows, whose only the second has an effect ! (entries in the other seems to be ignored)

Notes :
1) I have had the same behaviour with all of my trials to use Tk (e.g. tkFileDialog.askopenfilename() ) as soone as vis.go() is called .
2) This happens ONLY when the program is started FROM WITHIN Vizard, not when I double-click on the .py file !!

Where is the trick ?

farshizzo
08-03-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi,

Please have a look at the following post, I believe it will help you with the problem you are experiencing.

http://www.worldviz.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=277&highlight=viz.running

Let me know if this doesn't help you.

Gilliard
08-04-2005, 01:14 AM
OK, thanks, this solve the problem !

Please, don't forgett to answer my previous question (subject "Use Vizard 2.5 with Python 2.4.1 / IDLE 1.1.1"), now with IDLE 1.0 + Python 2.3 : It could be the same problem, but where could I put the test "if viz.running(): " ?