PDA

View Full Version : texture .ive or .wrl

jaclyn.bill
05-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Dear all,

I'm trying to wrap a checkerboard texture round a spherical object. I've tried using the default ball.wrl and a soccerball.ive

check = viz.add('checker.jpg',wrap=viz.REPEAT)
ball = viz.add('ball.wrl')
#ball = viz.add('soccerball.ive')
ball.texture(check)
ball.texmat( viz.Matrix.scale(1,1,10) )

This does not work at all with the soccer ball, which I'd have preferred as it's more spherical. It does work with the .wrl object but the checker board is normal on some surfaces and stretched on others - regardless of how much I play with the repeats and scales.

I essentially want it to look like a 3D version of the attached .bmp. Is my only option to draw one myself with many small black and white vertices?

Many thanks. Jac

Jeff
05-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Do you have 3ds Max or other modeling software?

jaclyn.bill
05-18-2011, 01:04 AM
No, unfortunately not :(

I could down load the 30 day trial of 3Dmax - if that version can do what you might suggest. But my research doesn't really warrent buying a full version so don't think that would be possible.

Thank you. Jac

Jeff
05-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Here's a checkerBall model you can use.

jaclyn.bill
05-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks Jeff, really appreciate you sharing this with me.

unfortunately, I'm having trouble with it and get the following error

Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "CheckerBall.IVE".
** ERROR: Failed to load 'CheckerBall.IVE'

I'm using version 3.18.0002. I have gone into my system properties - environmental variable and deleted references to a vizard 2.5 bin (as per a post on here) but this hasn't solved the problem. Do I need to update vizard itself?

I'm also running this on the Lite addition of Vizard and can't try it on the full version until next week, is that the issue?

Many thanks, Jac

Jeff
05-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Sorry, that will only work with Vizard 4, it was exported using the Vizard 4 OSG exporter. You can test it out now using the Vizard 4 Beta.

I'll post a Vizard 3 version as well.

Jeff
05-19-2011, 02:49 PM
This will work in Vizard 3.

jaclyn.bill
05-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Great, all working. Thank you very much!

Best, Jac