PDA

View Full Version : vizinfo in multiple scenes

vadrian
01-30-2005, 06:20 PM
hi, im trying to use the vizinfo module but the boxes only seem to appear in scene 1.
how can I add an info box to a different scene (while in another one)?
or how can I make a box appear after calling viz.scene(#>1) ?

thanks

farshizzo
01-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi,

Do you want the same box in different scenes? If so, try the following:info = vizinfo.add(....)
#Duplicate the box onto scene 2
info._group.duplicate(2)If you have an older version then try this instead:info.group.duplicate(2)I think you asked a question a few months ago about adding checkboxes and sliders to the vizinfo box. Version 2.5 of Vizard now allows you to do this, you might want to check it out.

vadrian
02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
how should i do it if I want to add multiple vizinfos into different scenes (at least 2 per scene).

also, is there a way I can check the version number of vizard so i can send an error message if the user tries to run a script in an older version?

farshizzo
02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi,

To add the vizinfo box to a different scene try the following:#Place info box in scene 2
info._group.parent(viz.WORLD,2)The following command will return a string that specifies the current version of Vizard:version = viz.version()

vadrian
02-02-2005, 02:11 PM
so i tried what you suggested, but it doesn't seem to work. i even made a little test script:

import viz
import vizinfo

viz.go()
viz.clearcolor(.5,.5,.5)

info = vizinfo.add('message')

scene = 1
def onkeydown(key):
global info, scene
#The keyboard button 'key' is being pressed
if key == ' ':
scene += 1
viz.scene(scene)

if key == 'd':
info._group.duplicate(scene)

if key == 'm':
info._group.parent(viz.WORLD, scene)

viz.callback(viz.KEYDOWN_EVENT,onkeydown)

farshizzo
02-02-2005, 02:20 PM
My bad, it should be:info._group.parent(viz.SCREEN, scene)

vadrian
02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
ok, so the parent trick works (maybe this should be added as a feature in future versions?). now i get an error when i try to scale vizinfo. what i have is this:

INFO_SIZE = [0.5,0.5]
info = vizinfo.add('blah')
info.scale(INFO_SIZE)

what I get is this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 12, in ?
File "context_recall_02.py", line 123, in ?
infoBox.scale(INFO_SIZE)
TypeError: scale() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

farshizzo
02-03-2005, 10:19 AM
The older version of vizinfo didn't support passing lists to the scale function. You will have to pass each value individually:info.scale(INFO_SIZE[0],INFO_SIZE[1])or you could also do the following:info.scale(*INFO_SIZE)

vadrian
02-03-2005, 10:32 AM
i have both 2.5 and the previous version (2.1?) installed. I was getting that error while using 2.5. Is it possible vizard was grabbing the vizinfo from the older version?

also, random python question. is there a python equivalent to:

x = (isBoolean)? y:z

i have a lot of checks, and i'm tired of repeating the 4 line if/else template ;)

farshizzo
02-03-2005, 10:49 AM
It might be possible. Startup 2.5 and check the value of the following in the interactive window:viz._WIN_VIZ_PATHIt should point to "C:\Program Files\Vizard25" or wherever you installed 2.5

Python doesn't support the one line if/else. If you can guarentee that the value of the boolean will always be either 0 or 1 you could do the following:x = [z,y][isBoolean]Otherwise you could create your own function:def ifelse(boolean,trueVal,falseVal):
if boolean:
return trueVal
return falseVal

x = ifelse(isBoolean,y,z)