PDA

View Full Version : emagin and quadro fx1800

jaclyn.bill
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Dear Experts,

I'm trying to use a emagin Z1800 3D visor with vizard. I'm running on an XP machine with a nivdia quadro fx 1800 graphics card. I'm having trouble getting anything in stereo (with a script which has worked on another machine with a different graphics card).

From what I can gather from searching on here the emagin setup wizard and using labtool should solve this problem by forcing 3D. However, still no joy.

Error message is

"Producer::Visual Chooser: the requested visual is not available, trying to relax attributes."

Could some one who has had success point me in the right direction? I'm wondering if this is related to needing to change some options in the nvidia interface.

Also, last obvious question...I'm running it on a lite license. Should this work still work?

Would be grateful for any help, getting very frustrated!

Thank you. J

Jeff
03-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Have you enabled stereo in the nvidia control panel?

jaclyn.bill
03-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Yes, in NVIDIA settings -> 3D settings I have stereo enabled set to yes in the global setting tab and in the program setting tab (I added vizard to this).

Are there any other setting I should be adjusting?

Thank you. J

Jeff
03-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Please refer to the following article and make sure you are forcing stereo correctly in lab tool.

http://kb.worldviz.com/articles/1247

Is there a quad buffered stereo option in the nvidia control panel?

jaclyn.bill
03-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Hi Jeff, Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I had been using Labtool in that way, and has also tired using emagin's 3D launcher.

We've actually "solved" the problem by swapping my Quadro FX1800 with a Quadro FX3450 from another machine and it's all working fine. The FX3450 is compatible with earlier NVIDIA drivers which seem to support field sequential stereo and are compatible with the z800 shutter glasses.

Thanks very much for your help. If anyone can offer a fix for getting this to work with the FX1800/ newer driver that would be great....currently it's a bit of a waste of a £500 graphics card :p

Thank you.

JvdBosch
03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
I solved this problem several weeks ago. Take a look at this post:

http://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=2489