PDA

View Full Version : Server/Client

jassel41
03-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi,

I am currently trying to make a way so that clients connected to the same server can chat with each other rather than just the server.

To start, I was trying to get the server to send out messages to all clients. From there I was thinking that the server could take in every input from a client and then re-send it out to everyone.

Any help on getting the server to send a chat message to a client is appreciated, or getting the clients to directly speak to each other.

Thank you,
Jassel41

Jeff
03-12-2010, 10:00 AM
In the Vizard docs go to Reference --> Networking and take a look at the pages there.

jassel41
03-18-2010, 10:42 AM
This is what I was going off initially to set up a server/client relationship, but I think there is something wrong with the server.send function.

I get the impression that when the server types in the chat window and hits enter it should send out a message to all connected clients. Is this the case?

The only time the chat actually works is when one user types something and hits enter, then it gets shown on the server's screen. I want to alter it so that the client's chat will show up on all connected client's screens rather than just the server.

Is there a quick think to change with the client.sendAll command?

Thank you
Jassel41

Jeff
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Take a look at the following thread and the viznet example that farshizzo posted. If that does not work for you then it could be a network issue.

http://forum.worldviz.com/showthread.php?t=1068

Have you disabled all firewalls and virus scanners?

jassel41
03-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I looked into the previous post you showed and I did disable all firewalls and scanners and I am using the most recent version of Vizard.

I am having the same issue the other user had in that the server.send function does not seem to work as well as the server.sendClient function.

Is there anything else I can be doing wrong?

Thank you,
Jassel41