PDA

View Full Version : Can Vizard export data in XML format

ginaty
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I want to use Vizard to develop some educational virtual reality games. In such games, students are expected to conduct some designs that need the third party software to validate. I wonder if Vizard has the ability to retrieve students' design (some code writing in text) out of the games in some metadata format (e.g., XML)?

farshizzo
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Vizard uses Python for scripting, and Python comes with many modules for parsing various text formats, including XML. The Python documentation that comes with Vizard contains documentation on the xml module with sample code.

ginaty
02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I just want to make sure I did not misunderstand you. i do not want export some XML data into Vizard. Instead, I would like to export data out of the Vizard game and valid the data using the third party software. I hope the data being extracted out is in XML format. Can you confirm that the python in Vizard can export some data out of the Vizard game in XML format?

farshizzo
02-26-2009, 02:54 PM
XML is a text-based file format, and Python supports writing text to files, so this is easily possible with Vizard. There are a few file i/o examples in the Vizard docs which show how to write data to a file. Let me know if you need more specific examples.