PDA

View Full Version : Better way to manipulate vcc that uses a ppt.

vEsotu
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi!

I'm working on a script that allows the user to include custom heads onto the vcc avatars. While I have received help in a previous thread concerning the awkward neck/head connection, I'm having difficulty in creating a head shake animation to be called on when a subject in the HMD picks a wrong path.

Would there happen to be a head shaking animation already done by Vizard?

Also, my second question concerns the manipulation of the vcc avatar's right arm. In a past code, we created several, separate .wrl that were assigned to our ppt lights for an HMD user to hold and wave in the air. The arm.wrl was static in that it did not allow an HMD user to bend his/her arm in the virtual world. So, it gave the appearance that in the virtual realm, the avatar had his/her arm always pointed out in front of his/her body, but it DID allow them to translate the arm on the x and y axes. The issue arises in that we had to cut off an old vizard avatar's right arm and save it as its own .wrl. This is very cumbersome for when we wanted to add different skin textures, which would require many more individual .wrls as opposed to just switching a TGA file in a vcc avatar.

We would really like to avoid having to go through this process if there is an easier way. So, my question is: Is there an easier way to translate the avatar's right arm using a ppt?

farshizzo
10-17-2008, 05:49 PM
1) There is no built-in head shaking animation, but you can use the vizact.headto action to animate the avatars head. A sequence of headto actions should be able to create a head shaking animation.

2) You can get a handle to the arm bone of the avatar and manually manipulate the rotation. The documentation has sample code showing how to animate avatar bones manually.