PDA

View Full Version : custom DLE files

RedSpikeyThing
03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to create a sensor that requires a custom constructor. The parameters required are NOT compatible with sensor.sendCommand, so I think a DLE is the way to go. I can't seem to find any documentation on creating DLEs, so would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

farshizzo
03-11-2008, 05:57 PM
The SDK for dle plugins has not been released yet. Either way, extension objects receive the same type of command data as normal sensors, so I'm not sure how much it will help you. What kind of data are you trying to pass to your plugin?

RedSpikeyThing
03-11-2008, 06:15 PM
The SDK for dle plugins has not been released yet. Either way, extension objects receive the same type of command data as normal sensors, so I'm not sure how much it will help you. What kind of data are you trying to pass to your plugin?

hmmm I was under the impression that DLE's could have different constructors than DLS's. I'm trying to make a sensor that generates its data by merging two other sensors. Ideally it would just be a matter of passing the two sensors as parameters to the constructor. My other idea was more of a hack....cast the memory address of the sensor into a float and pass it as a command argument, where the C++ part casts it back into a memory address. I don't know if this will work, but it seems feasible.