PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Problem

Plasma
02-03-2004, 08:27 AM
I'm having a problem getting lighting to work properly.

My environment consists of three hallways in an F configuration with lots of doorways other things to break up the wall into many smaller objects.

Ideally, I would like to simulate the fluorescent lights that exist in the real hallway, but right now I would settle for the whole thing being brighter.

I'm getting a lot of very dark areas despite the fact that there should be lights in these locations and very, very bright areas even though it seems like there are no lights placed anywhere near them. I am using this code to add omnidirectional lights:

mylight = viz.addlight()
mylight.enable()
mylight.position(0, 1, 0)
mylight.spread(180)
mylight.intensity(2)

Without lights, the whole environment is much too dark. I would be thrilled with a way to simply make the whole thing brighter, if possible.

Thanks!

farshizzo
02-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Is your environment model textured? If it is then you could disable lighting on the model which will make it much brighter.environment = viz.add('environment.wrl')
environment.disable(viz.LIGHTING)You could also make the headlight omnidirectional:headlight = viz.get(viz.HEAD_LIGHT)
headlight.position(0,0,0,1)
#Double the intensity of the headlight
headlight.intensity(2)It really depends on what kind of model you have and what kind of textures it has.