PDA

View Full Version : view_coliision module

bbb
03-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Hello Jeff and everyone else,
I have vizard 5.3, oculus DK2 with 0.8 runtime.
I imported view_collision module and built via vizconnect an avatar that is being controled by transport (hirarcic model of: tracker of DK2->walking transport with xbox one controller as direct input -> avatar represented by head and hand (non visible hand), display of DK2) so i can use this module.
I built a room in sketchup with circular arena inside it which i want the participants to stay in, but be able to see the area outside the circular arena.
I tried to use the view_collision module like you (Jeff) advised me to do but with only partial success. Sometimes if i keep pushing a button it can get through the wall of the circular arena and it is also a problem with the oculus because i can go up ("fly") and get out of the circular arena without a collision has been detected.
Do you have an idea why it is going out although the avatar high is lower than the circular arena if we keep pushing on a button?
Do you have an idea how can i overcome the fact that it can pass the walls when the participant is at a certain high?

Thank you!

Jeff
03-17-2016, 11:56 PM
Take a look at the viewpoint collision (http://www.worldviz.com/february-tech-tip-vizconnect-viewpoint-collision/) tech tip. It explains how to enable vertical collisions and change the collide list. Does this help with the issues you are having?

bbb
08-24-2016, 12:46 AM
Hi Jeff and all,
Just want to update what was the actual poblem and how did i solve it:
I didn't defined collision for the avatar body so when defined viz.head,viz.body the collision module start to work excelent.
I created a room with object on walls which i want the praticipants to see but in the same time i wanted them to stay in a circular arena in the center of the room that was not high so in order for not blocking the objects view and use the view_collision module correctly i created the same arena but high one and imported it to the inspector after loading the original model, than add it to the original arena ans used alpha=0 in order for this high arena not to be seen for participants. That is why i could control of the movement area of the participants without interapt them seeing the whole view.