PDA

View Full Version : passing data to viz.director

vadrian
05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
is there a way to pass information to vis.director(func)? I have an array of people i want to blink, and this is my setup, but i don't see it working:

class Person(viz.VizAvatar, viz.EventClass):
def _blink(self):
self._head.morph(0,1.0,0.1)
viz.waittime(BLINK_DURATION)
self._head.morph(0,0.0,0.1)
viz.starttimer(TIMER_BLINK, random.uniform(BLINK_DELAY_MIN, BLINK_DELAY_MAX))

def _ontimer(self, num):
if num == TIMER_BLINK:
viz.director(self._blink)

i don't think "self" is getting passed into blink(). is there a better way to make an avatar blink on its own (I dont want to have N timers or N blink funtions)

EDIT: my reason for the director function is because i need the waittime. otherwise the blink happens too fast and looks unnatural.

farshizzo
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi,

How is it not working? From what I can tell it should work fine. Anyway, to answer your question, you can pass arguments to director functions. Example:def func(x,y,z):
print x,y,z

viz.director(func,1,2,3)
viz.director(func,4,5,6)There are a bunch of ways to make an avatar blink. You could use timers, director functions, or node actions. If I had to choose I would use node actions. Take a look in the documentation under the "Actions" section. Here is how you could create a blink action:#Create action that will make a face blink
blinkAction = vizact.sequence(vizact.waittime(vizact.randfloat(B LINK_DELAY_MIN, BLINK_DELAY_MAX)),vizact.morph(0,1.0,0.1),vizact.w aittime(BLINK_DURATION),vizact.morph(0,0.0,0.1),vi z.FOREVER)

#Add the action to the face object
avatar._head.add(blinkAction)As you can tell, I really like creating long unreadable lines of code ;)

If you use the above example then you might need to change the BLINK_DURATION value since the actions are performed sequentially.