PDA

View Full Version : Changing Force-feedback on Wheel

Cage
10-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi there, I'm new to vizard, wondering if anyone can help me out.

We've got a logitech steering wheel and want to change the force-feedback on it using Vizard. In Window's control panel there are various things about the wheel you can change with sliders; amount of rotation etc and ideally we want to be able to change most of these using vizard.

Can anyone suggest any commands that might do this?

Thanks for your help. Ill be able to provide more information about the wheel when im in work tomorrow (make etc, and what the sliders control) if that helps.

Jeff
10-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Joysticks that are supported by Windows can be accessed in Vizard using the vizjoy library. If you do a search for that in the Vizard help you'll see some documentation and examples of the commands available.

Cage
10-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Thanks for that, but Im still a little confused:

with commands such as 'addForce' and 'setForce', they indicate that they will change the "force vector".

Do you know if there is a way that you can relate this to the sliders on the Windows' control panel? e.g is a vector 0f 0.8, 80% of the slider or something? Or is the only way to work out how much force is being applied like this just trial and error?

Thanks.

Cage
10-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Can anyone help me with this?