PDA

View Full Version : Debugger

Philippe
07-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Hi,

I am a new Worlviz user and would like to know whether there is any kind of debugger available in the 3.0 environment (enabling to set breakpoints, to see threads status, etc.) ? I there a possibility to use the python debugger (pdb) ?

farshizzo
07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
This feature is not built-in to Vizard 3.0. However, you can use the Python pdb module to debug Vizard scripts. I have also used the more advanced winpdb (http://winpdb.org/) debugger with Vizard, and that works very well.

Philippe
08-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks a lot!
Just a short additional question: if I install winpd, could it change something in my environment - I mean have some undesirable side effect? We are at a critical phase of our project, and I would be sure that just not using the winpdb debugger makes the environment behave as it was before, i.e. that it is always possible to neutralize it.

renama
11-13-2010, 08:49 AM
If I tried a simple python program edited in viard environment without import any vizrard module, it works fine in winpdb. But after I include import viz, it pops up "Unhandled exception was caught in winpdb, would you like to analyze it?". Is there anybody who can tell me how to handle this problem in winpdb. Thanks in advance

farshizzo
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
How are you launching the Vizard script?

You can't run the Vizard script from Winpdb. You need to add the following code to your script:import rpdb2
rpdb2.start_embedded_debugger('password')Then run the script from Vizard and then attach to the Vizard session from within Winpdb.