PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon style avatars?

mjabon
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi. We are looking to use a cartoonish humanoid looking avatar in one of our scripts. Does anyone know where we can purchase such a thing for Vizard?

Jeff
09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for so here are some options.

1. Vizard comes with a cartoonish robot avatar named Steve that you use. Here is some code that loads him and allows you to control him using the keyboard. For some customizations to Steve look at the module steve.py in the Vizard30/python folder .
import viz
viz.go()

import steve
model = steve.Steve()
model.setPosition([0,1,5])

# Setup tracking for model
import viztracker
tracker = viztracker.Keyboard6DOF()
model.setTracker(tracker)

2. You could take a look at Evolver as you can create and purchase your own avatars their and have them sent to you in the Cal3D format which Vizard uses.

http://www.evolver.com/

3. Have us develop a custom avatar for you. If you are interested email us at support@worldviz.com

mjabon
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow, thanks! Steve would be great but we need to be able to move his arms. I see no commands to do that. Would it be possible to do?

Maria

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for so here are some options.

1. Vizard comes with a cartoonish robot avatar named Steve that you use. Here is some code that loads him and allows you to control him using the keyboard. For some customizations to Steve look at the module steve.py in the Vizard30/python folder .
import viz
viz.go()

import steve
model = steve.Steve()
model.setPosition([0,1,5])

# Setup tracking for model
import viztracker
tracker = viztracker.Keyboard6DOF()
model.setTracker(tracker)

2. You could take a look at Evolver as you can create and purchase your own avatars their and have them sent to you in the Cal3D format which Vizard uses.

http://www.evolver.com/

3. Have us develop a custom avatar for you. If you are interested email us at support@worldviz.com