PDA

View Full Version : selection of multiple properties, code help?

GiudiceLab
08-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I am trying to modify some sound object properties on the fly, so I can hear the differences as I make changes. I know the changes will be updated without restarting the script, because I can make this work with presets.

I want to be able to select the property I want to change from a list and then use an input value to update the property.

def modifySettings(gr):
settings = ['Environment','EnvSize','EnvDiffusion','RoomHF','R oomLF','DecayTime','DecayHFRatio','DecayLFRatio',
'Reflections','ReflectionsDelay','ReflectionsPan', 'Reverb','ReverbDelay','ReverbPan','EchoTime','Ech oDepth',
'ModulationTime','ModulationDepth','AirAbsorptionH F','HFReference','LFReference','RoomRolloffFactor' ,'Flags']
select = viz.choose('Modify which setting?',settings)
set = viz.input('Set '+settings[select]+' to')
if settings[select] == 'Environment':
gr.Environment = set
(twenty more elifs...)
else:
print 'I cannot change that setting'

Basically, I don't want to write a bunch of if statements unless I have to, so is there a simple way of doing this? Something that would be kind of like:

gr.settings[select] = set

farshizzo
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
There are a few ways to accomplish this. If all the choice strings exactly match the attribute name on the gr object, then you can use the following code:def modifySettings(gr):
settings = ['Environment','EnvSize','EnvDiffusion','RoomHF','R oomLF','DecayTime','DecayHFRatio','DecayLFRatio',
'Reflections','ReflectionsDelay','ReflectionsPan', 'Reverb','ReverbDelay','ReverbPan','EchoTime','Ech oDepth',
'ModulationTime','ModulationDepth','AirAbsorptionH F','HFReference','LFReference','RoomRolloffFactor' ,'Flags']
name = settings[viz.choose('Modify which setting?',settings)]
value = viz.input('Set '+name+' to')
setattr(gr,name,value)

GiudiceLab
08-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Sweet. Worked like a charm. Thanks!