PDA

View Full Version : Publish EXE with win32com

djdesmangles
06-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Hello Wizards,

I got a problem there. My script is importing the win32com python module. It's running fine inside Vizard, but when I try to publish my .exe the interpreter tell me that there's no module named pythoncom. Can I have some advices?

Thanks !!
viz.FOREVER !!
D.

farshizzo
06-20-2008, 01:23 PM
The win32com module probably depends on some dll located in the windows system folder. If this is the case, then you will need to manually add the file to your published exe.

djdesmangles
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
All right Farshi !!

It's working, thanks. But now I got this problem when runninmg the exe (I don't understand why, but it's working fine in the IDE):

** Loading PHCS1.4.py
** NOTIFY: 0 joystick(s) detected
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 11, in ?
File "PHCS1.4.py", line 170, in ?
class ContextEvents(win32com.client.getevents("SAPI.SpSharedRecoContext")):
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
cannot create 'NoneType' instances
** Load Time: 0.60 seconds
** WARNING: There were errors in your script, press any key to exit

This thing is driving me crazy...

viz.FOREVER !!
D.

djdesmangles
07-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello Wizards,

I really need some help there, I don't understand why my application works in Vizard and not when it's in .exe !!! I still got this error:
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases cannot create 'NoneType' instances when I running the .exe.

I think this line of code is the source of my headache:
class ContextEvents(win32com.client.getevents("SAPI.SpSharedRecoContext")):

Any suggestions ?

viz.FOREVER !!
D.

farshizzo
07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Is there supposed to be a space in the string "SAPI.SpSh aredRecoContext"? I'm not familiar with the win32com library, so I don't know what is causing the error.

djdesmangles
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Hello Wizards !!

Did you find something about my mysterious metaclass ?

viz.FOREVER !!!
D.

farshizzo
08-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I've created an exe that uses win32com and it works fine on other machines. Is the exe not working on the same machine that has Vizard installed, or are you running the exe on a different machine? If it is not working when you run it on a different machine, then are you sure you have the SAPI engine installed on that machine?

djdesmangles
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Hello Farshi...

My exe is not working at all: not working on my workstation, not working on a test machine. I still got the error...

viz.FOREVER !!!
D.