PDA

View Full Version : After a using speak, model returns to idle animation?

Enlil
06-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Hello,

I have another (hopefully minor) question about the vizact.speak object - at the end of a speech, it appears to return the model to the idle state (i.e. foo.state(1)). Is there an easy way around this? I tried setting the state at when the viz.callback for viz.ACTION_END_EVENT ocurrs, but this does not seem to work reliably.

Also, is there a more subdued idle animation (including in the character pack - we are in the process of getting that, but don't have it yet)?

Thanks again,
Christian

farshizzo
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Try setting the idlepose of the avatar to -1:avatar.idlepose(-1)This should prevent the idle pose from being triggered when the avatar runs out of actions to perform.

The complete characters have a few different idle animations to choose from. You can download a video of all the animations that are included from the Complete Characters page on our website.

Enlil
06-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks! That helps a lot.

Christian

cade_mccall
07-28-2010, 12:15 PM
When I run the following code, the avatar still pops out of the animation between standing and walking:

import viz

viz.go()

avatar = viz.add('vcc_male.cfg')
standing = vizact.animation( 1 )
walking = vizact.walkTo( [0,0,10] )
seq = vizact.sequence( [standing, walking] )

masaki
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
hey mama,

this is sort of a hack but it works. i think what's happening is that when your first animation finishes and before it starts the second one, it reverts back to the avatar's current state, which in your case is a t-pose. so,set the avatar's state to whatever animation you're transitioning out of, in your case state(1) right before adding the action.

import viz

viz.go()

avatar = viz.add('vcc_male.cfg')
standing = vizact.animation( 1 )
walking = vizact.walkTo( [0,0,10] )
seq = vizact.sequence( [standing, walking] )

best,
masaki