PDA

View Full Version : Strange Rendering Lag Spikes

theuberk
02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I seem to be having some strange lag spikes when running my simulation where the frame rate will drop down to and below 30fps. It's strange because I know the computer I'm using can handle the graphics processing (as the frame rate is usually at least 60fps) and most of the time when I'm experiencing these frame rate drops, simply pressing F4 to show the fps will fix the problem. I've turned off all data collection, shadows, and tried almost everything I could think of to fix the problem. This makes me believe that it must be something at a lower level. I do have custom events refreshing each update, but if these events were the problem, I'd think that the low frame rate would be constant..

Any ideas of what the problem might be?

farshizzo
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
It's hard to tell what the problem is. Do you have a small sample script that reproduces this behavior?

theuberk
02-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Alright, well I thought that it might just have been a common problem or something. After reading your post and realizing that it wasn't, I checked over my code and realized that the problem is that my custom events are too inefficient. Is there any easy to get event condition checks to run on a seperate thread?

farshizzo
02-26-2008, 09:55 AM
What are you doing in your event condition checks? You can start a thread by using the viz.director() function, but it might not be too useful considering how Python threading works.