PDA

View Full Version : Flock of Birds

Atul Thakur
12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi,
I am new to this community. I am using Flock of Birds (FOB=1). Following is the simple scripts I am trying

import viz
viz.go()
BAUD_FOB = 38400
PORT_FOB = 1

sensor = viz.add('flockofbirds.dls')

def mytimer( num ):
print sensor.getPosition()

viz.callback( viz.TIMER_EVENT, mytimer )
viz.starttimer( 0, 0.5, viz.FOREVER )

The output expected is the dynamic positions of Wanda as I move it. But I am getting same coordinates repeated.
However, if I run the script again, I get the new coordinates <which shows that hardware works fine>, repeating again.
Not sure what is the mistake in the code, I am making.
Someone, kindly help.

-Atul

farshizzo
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Do you get the same problem with the sample program that comes with the Flock of Birds, or does it only happen in Vizard? I remember having a similar problem before and I had to reset the Flock of Birds device to get it working again. Also, make sure you have the correct dip switch settings for the specified baud rate and number of birds you are using.

Atul Thakur
12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
The sample program cbird.exe is running fine. I mean, when i move the wanda, the coordinates change in case of cbird.exe <not yet calibrated it though>
However, in case of Vizard the coordinates do not change in one run.
But when I run the script in Vizard again after moving the wanda, the position is changed. This indicates that apparently there is no hardware problem.
I checked the Baud rate and dipswitch setting. As per the Ascension manual the settings are right.
thanks,
-Atul

farshizzo
12-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Do you have an ERT (Extended Range Transmitter) connected?

Atul Thakur
12-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Do you have an ERT (Extended Range Transmitter) connected?
Apologies for my limited knowledge about the hardware. The transmitter that I have, seems to be the standard one. Its not an ERT. The transmitter is connected properly.
is this what you wanted to know?
-Atul

farshizzo
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
The ERT is a really huge, heavy, black transmitter. You would definitely know what it is if you had one ;)

I just tested your script here and it works fine for me. Can you verify that you are using the following dip switch settings:

1 - down
2 - up
3 - down
4 - up
5 - up
6 - up
7 - up
8 - up

Atul Thakur
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
The ERT is a really huge, heavy, black transmitter. You would definitely know what it is if you had one ;)

I just tested your script here and it works fine for me. Can you verify that you are using the following dip switch settings:

1 - down
2 - up
3 - down
4 - up
5 - up
6 - up
7 - up
8 - up
It works now!!
My dip switch setting earlier was 10100010. I changed it to 10100000 as you said. And now it works fine for me.
Thank you very much,

-Atul