PDA

View Full Version : Attaching heads from FaceGen

vjmcho
04-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Hi,

I'm using a program by Singular Inversions called FaceGen Modeller (ver 3.1). The program exports into 3ds files and VRML97 files, so bringing in the head by exporting it as a vzf in PeopleMaker to vizard is not a problem.

For some reason though, the neck is not attaching appropriately, and the head seems to be too small in proportion to the body. I've tried toggling with it on 3D Studio Max but it does not seem to help. How can I solve this?

farshizzo
04-12-2007, 11:49 AM
You can scale the head in PeopleMaker and specify the neck attachment points. If you haven't already done so, download the PeopleMaker documentation from our downloads page, it describes how to do both these tasks. Let me know if you need more assistance.

vjmcho
04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
I've used PeopleMaker, computing and selecting and keeping neck vertices, and then scaling the head position and size.

But the neck still manages to do this weird thing where it looks like a turtleneck sticking out of a shell, and when the avatar moves (example: walking) the neck with detach, with a patch of skin connecting it, but still no bones, in odd directions..

farshizzo
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Are you using the head with one of the avatars that comes with Vizard? If possible, could you send your script and related files to lashkari@worldviz.com. It should help me fix this problem more quickly.