WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 09-08-2006, 06:07 PM

full-screen view without 3D

Hi there,

Here are two the questions from a VERY beginner...

1) Is it possible to run a script in full screen without any 3D effect? Basically I am going to create an environment and I need to run it either in 3D or simply on my laptop without 3D effect. Can I do it? Can I try with one of the world-demo?

2) Is it possible to record a sort of movie of what the person is doing while moving in my environment so that I can play it later and look at what he did?

Thanks in advance for you help.

giuseppe
Old 09-08-2006, 06:17 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

1) You can run a script in fullscreen by passing the viz.FULLSCREEN flag to viz.go(). Example:
Code:
import viz
viz.go(viz.FULLSCREEN)
I'm not sure what you mean by "without any 3D effect". Can you be more specific?

2) In Vizard 3.0 you can record the simulation to an AVI by pressing Ctrl+F12 to start the recording. And pressing it again to stop the recording. An AVI will be created in the directory of your script. Becareful using this feature, it will create an uncompressed AVI, so your hard drive will fill up very quickly.

If you are using Vizard 2.5 or earlier, then you can use a 3rd party application, such as Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/) or Taksi (http://taksi.sourceforge.net/).
Old 09-08-2006, 06:37 PM

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I know I can run fullscreen mode by either write it down in the script or choosing that mode from a menu if I write "PROMPT" in the same script instead.

My problem is that when the demo runs in fullscreen in my laptop I still see double pictures of objects, whereas if I do not run it in full screen BUT instead I just enlarge the window I can see everything in bidimensional space, which is fine and it is what I want, just running in full-screen instead of the small window.

unfortuantely I have the 2.5 version of vizard...

Last edited by giuseppe; 09-09-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:48 AM

Try running a simple script on your laptop. Something like this:
Code:
viz.go( viz.FULLSCREEN )
viz.add( 'tut_ground.wrl' )
If this script provides the fullscreen look you want then there is probably a function in your other script that turns on some "3D effect." Post a screen shot if you are still having problems.

FYI, you can get Vizard 3.0 beta on the WorldViz download page. This would give you integrated AVI recording.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:24 AM

It still...

but probably I did not explain myself correctly.
I created "myroom" script as an example of the "learn the basics" tutorial.
The room I created work correctly when I use the 3D screen. On the other hand, when I run the same script ONLY by using my laptop I do not see the same room clear (in bidimensional space), instead I still see the room with double effect, which is the one required for 3D. Is there any way to navigate within that room without 3D monitor and have a "clear" image of it?

In other word, is Vizard made for creating 3D environment without the possibility of navigating within them in 2D? Can I run the scripts I create with Vizard as I run the 3D videogames in my laptop?

This question is critical for me since I would use this software eventually to administer tests to brain damaged patients and other individuals without using a 3D monitor. If I cannot do so it does not make sense for me to learn how to use it.

Thank you so much for your help.

giuseppe
Old 09-11-2006, 11:35 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

Can you please run the following script on your laptop:
Code:
import viz
viz.go(viz.FULLSCREEN)

viz.add('tut_ground.wrl')
box = viz.add('box.wrl')
box.translate(0,1.8,5)

viz.clearcolor(viz.GRAY)

viz.screencapture('giuseppe_screenshot.jpg')
After you run the script it will create a file called giuseppe_screenshot.jpg in the directory of your script. Can you post this image file on the forum so I can understand exactly what you are seeing. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 AM

Hi, sorry for this delayed reply, I was not at the office last week.
I did change the scripts as you suggested. Nothing changed in the way it lloks on my laptop-screen, each image is double. On the contrary, in the image you asked to take it looks perfect, as I really would lke to look (i guess because a screen shot takes just on single frame). I am attaching in a next reply another file where instead you can see how your suare white box looks like (I made it with photoshop to give you an idea; i only changed the white box, but everything else appear double). hope this can help. and thank you so much for your patient.
giuseppe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giuseppe_screenshot.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	633.7 KB
ID:	126  
Old 09-19-2006, 09:18 AM

here it is the the other screenshot.

giuseppe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giuseppe_screenshot2.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	736.7 KB
ID:	127  
Old 09-19-2006, 09:31 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi,

From the image you photoshopped, it looks like you are enabling the viz.INTERLACE stereo mode in your script. If you are not specifying this option in your script, then have you installed any 3rd party stereo drivers on your compter?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 AM

I disactivated viz.INTERLACE after set viz.FULLSCREEN. However, below the first line (import viz) there is import vizmat, which I do not know what is.

yes, I have NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS which runs the laptop monitor.

giuseppe
Old 09-19-2006, 10:36 AM

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. I disabled the stereo modo and it works. thank you so much and sorry about all this. now I know I can use Vizard, so I'll probably be back soon with more question on how to do things etc..

again, thank you so much.

giuseppe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: