WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 PM

Big problem with OpenSG exporter for max to Vizard

I know this is not a osgmaxexp forum, but i know you guys have a lot of knowledge and some of you developed this OSG exporter so let me explain you that this happens just after a clean install of the exporter on max9, after a clean instalation of OSGexp it works fine but just for one time, i know it sounds weird but am sure you will be able to reproduce the error very easy.

We tried to ignore the look of the model in osgexp export window and tried importing to vizard and its texture is completely trashed, tried with a lot of objects different ones ie: sphere, cube, etc., its allways the same, it simply doesnt seem to work.

I've included both images for reference, i hope you can test it, am using max9.

This is very important for us as we are trying to get some models into vizard for class project, we need to use the advanced export capabilities of open scene exporter and as vizard supports osg very nicely but and we are stuck on this so all we have is a nice and clean vizard scene with dummy boxes hehe.

Best Regards.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:55 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Are you exporting to the .osg or .ive format? Does the problem occur with both formats?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Yes, i tried both, its very strange

Here is a sample scene. I hope you can enlight me cause we are in a hurry and our license is almost over., if this fails we will not be able to accomplish the class project and can cost me my head because i designed workflow and choosed the tools.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

http://www.interactdvd.com/flatiron/osgexp_error.rar
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Thanks for the post. We'll take a look and get back to you.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Omadawn,
I've seen this problem before, but I don't currently recall the solution. Could you send us a copy of a corrupted image file that is produced when you export to .OSG?

As a quick fix, if you export to OSG using TGA, then you should be able to go into the images directory and manually replace the corrupted TGAs with the original ones. Just make sure to turn off "save texture images" for further exports and copy them manually.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi again,

I tried exporting the car model you sent, and other than the windshield, everything exported fine. Vizard does not currently have a refractive glass shader, so you'd need to imitate glass the old fashioned way with transparency and a reflection map, or with an opaque texture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car-max-and-viz.jpg
Views:	1317
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	319  

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: