WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM

Question Vizard bombs out when spawning threads

I wrote some code that spawns a thread to run an xmlrpc server that lets me control Vizard remotely (from a Linux machine running a program written in C++). Everything actually WORKS just fine. But, when I press "Run", the Vizard environment bombs out, but the actual display keeps running fine, I just can't see any debugging output or catch CTRL-C once the Vizard environment errors. Also, when I double click the main file to run outside the Vizard environment, the program works just fine and the black window that catches print commads gives debugging info without crashing.

Attached is an exmaple. If you double click the file, it will run just fine, but if you open it in Vizard then click run, the Vizard environment bombs out.

I hope this forum is a reasonable place to post bugs. I couldn't find anywhere else online.
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (375 Bytes, 909 views)
Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Are you using Vizard 2.5? If so, this problem has been most likely solved in Vizard 3.0. We are about to release beta 2 of 3.0 this week. Contact support@worldviz.com if you would like to sign up for the beta relase.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 AM

Yes, I was running 2.53g. I'll try the beta 2 of version 3 (though this problem doesn't really affect the overall functionality of Vizard 2.5, it's just a little annoying bug).
Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM

Update:

By forcing myself to viz.director instead of my own threading class, I was able to bypass this problem (plus I don't have to worry about making sure the other thread ends properly).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: