WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 PM

nVisorSX vs eMagin

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this issue. We're modifying Quake 3 and have been successful at doing that, however, when we try to use it w/the nVisorSX HMD it does not track the HMD movement. We have tried to use eMagin z800 HMD and it seems to work fine. We'd like to use the nVisorSX because it's of better quality but we cannot figure out why it won't work. The eMagin was basically plug and play via a mouse emulation mode. We'd like to use the nVisor in a similar fashion. We've tried to enable joystick emulation via the InterSense Server but it keeps telling us that it has Failed to find the InterSense Joystick driver. We've also searched online for the drivers but can't find any drivers for Windows XP. All we found was an installation of the drivers for Windows NT. PLEASE help.

Thank you
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 PM

Hi betancourtb82,

What you need to do is find your intersense driver CD (hopefully you still have this). On there, you will find a special joystick driver which can be installed on Windows XP. Then you will need to install a program called "J mouse" which should also be on the CD.

Jmouse will translate the intersense movements into mouse movements which will allow head tracking in Quake.

If you cannot find your intersense driver cd, you may also be able to find what you are looking for if you open up your start menu -> Intersense -> Documents -> Joystick Installation.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:21 PM

I tried looking on the cd but all it has are the drivers for Win98 and WinNT. Do you have a more current cd perhaps?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:46 PM

The win98 instructions will work under winXP as well. Once you are done setting it up as it says, you must disable all other joysticks in the windows control panel.

After that, open up the intersense server and enable joystick control. Then you simply run Jmouse (which should already be installed) and start up Quake. Check your intersense installation directory for Jmouse (e.g. something like C:\InterSense\Programs).

I've attached the PDF with instructions in case you don't have it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Joystick_Install_Win9x.pdf (124.3 KB, 1858 views)
Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM

I followed the instructions and apparently there is some kind of error. I've attached a screenshot that shows the exclamation marks that come up next to the standard game port and the Intersense Joystick Interface Driver. Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know of a fix.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screenshot.bmp (583.4 KB, 1091 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: