WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM

Weird texture on .ive model viewed from Sensics HMD

Hi all,

I am using Vizard 4 beta2. I have a Sensics xSight HMD with 6 panels on each eye. I export a 3D building model from 3ds max 9.0 to a .ive file. The model contains materials with textures. It looks fine in the 3ds max. It also looks fine if it is shown on the LCD monitor (as with viz.go() command). The problem is when I looked through the xSight HMD the texture looks really weird (see attached screen-shot, left).

The Sensics has a plug-in for Vizard, which is convenient for user to setup the HMD. Only needs two line codes:

import sensics
hmd=sensics.load(panelalign="panelalign.txt",layou t="layout.txt",clearcolor=viz.BLACK)

The layout.txt file contains information where to output the images. If I output the images to the HMD (via two TripleHead2Go splitters), the images look weird as I shown above. However, if I output the images to a LCD monitor, it looks just fine (see attached screen-shot, right).

Does anyone has any idea why this happens? Is it a problem of Vizard or is it a problem with Sensics plug-in.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	From headset.JPG
Views:	1442
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	421   Click image for larger version

Name:	On monitor.JPG
Views:	1316
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	422  

Display Modes Rate This Thread