WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Closing of an imported .py file

Hello,

I am designing a game switching File management program. This program will access different small games (e.g., game1.py, game2.py, and so on, each one with different avatars and different worlds) as per some rule strategy generator (which depends on values such as, from eye tracker, participant performance such as getting answers to questions asked at the end of each game, etc.).

My File Management program thus uses a number of games from decision trees based on logic of strategy generator. While my program is running without any error, I am facing a typical problem as follows:

As I am moving down the decision tree while selecting different games, my games are slowing down (such as, if an avatar performs some actions during the game, small delays are coming within the sequence of actions). But, when I am running the individual games separately, it is running file. But, I need to run these as per strategy generator from my File Management Program.

In my File Management Program, what I am doing is

import game1
....then I am executing it
...then depending on decision by strategy generator, I am doing

import game2...and so on.

What I feel that I am not closing the imported game1, game2 files which may slow down the execution of my File Management Program.

It would be really great if someone can share some experience or give me some suggestion on how to close an imported .py file. I know the language for closing an opened .txt file (after writing contents to it). But, is there any way to close an imported .py file? OR Is there is different solution to my problem. [If I do viz.quit(), the program stops abruptly say after game1.py execution, if I give viz.quit() after this game. But, I want, a number of games to run in succession].

Your time to give me some suggestion to solve my problem would be really appreciated by me....because I cannot find a solution to my problem...tried different ways...but could not find a solution.

Hope my question and my problem description is clear.

Thanks so much for your time.

Uttama

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: