WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 04-21-2004, 01:11 AM

Cal3d issue

Hi!
I created a charatcer in 3dsmax using character studio bi-peds and so on. The character has two animations. I have exported as a cal3d skeleton, meshes, materials and 2 animations files, i've written up the .cfg file correctly and everything.
The probelm that i am having is when i run it, I get this error:

The instruction at ________ referenced memeory at _______. The memory could not be read. Click Ok to terminate or cancel to debug.

Now i can look at each animation individuallyin the script window of Vizard. But i can't run my program. All it does is display the avatr and then i get the message. I have run my model in the cal3d_miniviewer_d3d and it seems to be working fine, there's no problem with the animations, materials or mesh. SO i can't figure out whats wrong with my model

Cheers
Karthi
Old 04-21-2004, 10:41 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Karthi,

If you double-click on the cfg file in the script window, does the cal3d model load fine in the graphics window? Also, which version of Vizard are you using?
Old 04-21-2004, 09:29 PM

Hi!
Yeah, i can look at the model in the 3D window, but i get the error when i try to run the animations. And i am using the latest beta version of Vizard, 2.15.
I think this might be the problem, when exporting the animation file from 3dsmax 6, you are asked to select the skelteon file, which corresponds to the animation. But when you choose the skeleton file, it automatically checks all the bones in the skeleton, are we supposed to select only the bones required for each animation? Or is it ok to leave all the bone check on for both animations?

Karthi
Old 04-22-2004, 10:17 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Karthi,

I haven't had a lot of experience with creating cal3d characters and animations, but we have a customer that has made tons of them. I'll ask him about your problem, maybe he can give us some insight.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:08 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Karthi-

Would you be willing to send us both your max file and the exported files you created of your avatar (including the CFG file you wrote)? We'll use it for testing purposes only and not share this data with anyone. This is probably the fastest way we can help you resolve the problem, and help us identify pitfalls that other customers are likely to have too.

Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: