WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 05-10-2016, 12:15 PM

Setting for Christie Digital Projector Dual Input 3D

I'm trying to determine the correct setting for the 3D Stereo Mode in Vizard for a Christie Digital Projector that has Dual Input 3D capability which enables the display of two discrete 60Hz video channel inputs for high performance 120Hz output.
https://www.christiedigital.com/en-u...opic-projector

The computer I'm testing supports two Christie digital projectors using the Dual Input 3D capability - a Front Wall and a Right Wall
Nvidia Graphic Card Front Wall Projector(graphic ports 1&2 in duplicate mode) and Right Wall Projector(graphic ports 3 &4 duplicate mode)

See attached file nvidia_configuration_for_client_050316.jpg to see how the outputs are configured in Microsoft Windows and Nvidia control panels.

I'm trying to determine in Vizard what is the correct setting to have it display the 3D stereo?
Since two output are being sent out for each projector but they are duplicated and then the projector provides the Active Stereo neither viz.STEREO_HORZ or viz.QUAD_BUFFER work

Thank you

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nvidia_configuration_for_client_050316.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	507.3 KB
ID:	786  
Old 05-10-2016, 01:04 PM
WorldViz Team Member

From the description it sounds like quad buffered stereo should work. Is stereo enabled in the nvidia control panel? If you run the following script do you see a double image on the screen without any glasses?

Code:
import viz
viz.go(viz.QUAD_BUFFER)

viz.addChild('piazza.osgb')
Old 05-13-2016, 08:50 AM

Jeff,

Thank you I was able to get it to work using QUAD BUFFER 3D stereo directly on the CLIENT computer, my problem was with my code from the Master to the client. But via your answers to my other questions on the "Four Wall Cave using two client cluster", I was able to figure out the problem in my code.

thank you for the information in this post and in the other post.

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: