WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-22-2006, 12:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to vanier
Dual monitor and Dual camera

The situation: We want to use a dual projector system to project our interactive vizard world onto a large screen. Right now the display stretches (distorts) the image lengthwise to cover the screen. We would prefer it combine two displays to create one complete, seamless world.

The only solution we thought of was to have two cameras in our vizard world, side by side such that their frustums are tangential, one on the left and one on the right. we would have each camera output to a seperate monitor or projector, creating a wider space to cover a wall or scrim when the projectors were aligned correctly.

As of right now, we don't know how to get vizard to handle this kind of dual display, and were told it would take some OpenGL coding. Any help is apreciated!

Best,
Luc and Evan
Old 03-23-2006, 12:42 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi Luc, you say that currently Vizard already outputs on the two projectors, correct?
This probably means that you are using a dual VGA/DVI output graphics card and are using horizontal span mode for outputting on the two 'screens'.
If this is the case, then probably all you need to to is to change the 'field of view' of the rendered output, so it outputs a larger field of view, possible also with a different horizontal/vertial ratio.
The command to do so is

viz.fov(50, 1.333) , see

http://www.worldviz.com/vizhelp/VizHelp.htm#viz/fov.htm

for details. Changing the 50 to a higher number and adjusting the aspect ratio should do the job for your setup.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:18 AM

Thanks, we found that object viz.setfov and we it is exploding our display over three screens. (actually 1.333 doesn't work as it distorts when we go to full screen. We need to put 4 in there so that the image looks normal on two screens.) Now, I'm not sure where to control this from. In other software, I was able to direct the images to whatever screen I wanted. Here we wrote viz.setfov(50, 4) and it covered all three monitors when we would like to keep on apart from the projections so that we can see what we are doing. Our two video cards are GeForce 7800 gtx and I would like to send a joined screen to 1a and 1b and keep 2 as the monitor screen. Any suggestions?

Luc.

Last edited by vanier; 03-24-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 PM

anyone? I have a show on Saturday and it would be useful to have an answer to this... thanks.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:26 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Would you mind writing down and describing EXACTLY what your desired configuration is? Even attaching an image schematic would be really helpful. Need to know are number of screen surfaces, screen surface geometry (dimensions, angles), rendering system (how many projectors, computers, and in each computer what is the graphics card configuration). Also useful would be the final desired effect. If you submit that, then I can make a recommendation as to how to configure this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: