WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 07-29-2006, 01:53 PM

Problems running R3 and R2.5 on the same computer

I installed R3 on a couple of computers with the hope that I could continue to run 2.53 on those computers. Initially I had problems running scripts with R3. I could start R3 and it would allow me to run a script once, but when I tried to run it again the command window would appear and then nothing would happen (although according to "processes" in the task manager, a winviz was running for every time I hit "Run" and nothing happened). Each time this happened, I had to reboot the computer to stop winviz from running. Then I removed all other versions of Vizard from the computer and re-installed Vizard. That did not solve the problem, so I removed the Vizard environmental variable. After that, R3 worked. At that point I tried to reinstall 2.53 and the problem returned. Now nothing works. So, I have two questions:
1) What do I have to do to get R3 working?
2) Is it possible to have both R3 and 2.53 working? If so, what's the trick?
Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Hey Cade,

I've made some changes to the latest version of 3.0 that I think might fix this issue. You can wait until the next version is released or get it next time you stop by the office.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:40 AM

hmm

Hey-

I just downloaded the new R3 but I'm still having trouble. Vizard will open, but when I run a script, I get: ** ERROR: Invalid argument, usage: winviz.exe <filename>

Also, when I go back and try to run scripts on 2.53 (which was working before) nothing happens.

This time, though, winviz does not show up on under Processes in the Task MAnager.

Any suggestions?

-Cade
Old 09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hey Cade,

Can you post the following info about the computer:

1) Operating system (Window XP, Windows 2000, ...)
2) Vizard25 version
3) Full path to Vizard25 directory
4) Full path to Vizard30 directory
5) Value of your VIZARD25_PATH environment variable
6) Value of your VIZARD30_PATH environment variable (if it exists)
7) Value of your Path environment variable
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM

Hi-

1) Operating system : Windows XP
2) Vizard25 version : Vizard 2.53f
3) Full path to Vizard25 directory : C:\Program Files\Vizard25
4) Full path to Vizard30 directory : C:\Program Files\WorldViz\Vizard30
5) Value of your VIZARD25_PATH environment variable : C:\Program Files\Vizard25\
6) Value of your VIZARD30_PATH environment variable (if it exists) : there isn't one.
7) Value of your Path environment variable : (here's everything . . . ) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemR oot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Business Contact Manager\IM;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Business Contact Manager\;C:\MATLAB\bin\win32;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;

Thanks,
Cade
Old 09-05-2006, 11:26 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hey Cade,

I'm stumped. I tried running testing this out on a machine with the same specs and both Vizard 2.5 and 3.0 worked fine.

The message "** ERROR: Invalid argument, usage: winviz.exe <filename>" means that the Vizard executable is not getting the filename passed as an argument. This should not be happening. Try running the following at the command line:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\WorldViz\Vizard30\bin\winviz" "C:\Program Files\WorldViz\Vizard30\examples\nodes\rotation.py"
Let me know if this works.

Also, Vizard 3.0 should be completely self contained, so I don't understand how it is affecting the Vizard 2.5 installation. I'll keep trying things out here. Is this computer a laptop? If so, can you bring it to the office so I can have a look at it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: