WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 02-12-2009, 04:11 PM

problem with exporting avatars and using them in Vizard

hey all,

Lately we've been trying to export modified avatars from 3dMax into Vizard but somehow couldn't get the skeleton to be successfully exported. The resulting Vizard script shows the avatar's bones moving in bizarrely irregular motions. We followed the instructions but if I try to use one exported from 3DS for the avatar’s skeleton then Vizard segue faults for some unknown reason… and I tried using one of the pre-exported skeletons instead but the bones don’t seem set up properly to allow linking (i.e. you can’t attach a new head, etc). Has anyone run into similar problems? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
WorldViz Team Member

Sorry, we have not had a chance to answer this yet. I'll check with our 3D artist here to see if he has any suggestions and whether he needs a Max or Cal3D file to help with this. I'll get back to you after the weekend
Old 02-23-2009, 01:25 AM
WorldViz Team Member

Hi VDong,

First off, when you say "bazarrly irregular motions" that sounds like the problem that happens when attempting to use a mesh with a different skeleton that the one it was exported onto.

If you're certain that you're loading the correct skeleton in the CFG file, then would it be alright to take a look at your max files to see if I can get it to export correctly on this end?

Also, could you post an example of the code you are using to replace the head?

-Michael

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: