WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 11-09-2006, 03:46 PM

newbie problem getting vizard to work

I've just resurrected a system using Vizard 2.5 and a V6 HMD. I've set up my nVidia card so that the primary monitor shows the Vizard user interface and, theoretically, the HMD is set up as the secondary screen and shows the virtual world. The problem I'm having is that the HMD shows a nice window with a proper title bar and then nothing but pure white inside the window. When I move the window over to the primary screen, everything (including the motion tracking) looks fine. Also, any other content moved from primary to secondary (and therefore sent through the HMD) looks fine, so it seems not to be a problem with the HMD itself. I've tried using Vizard demos that have worked fine in the past, so I don't think it's my coding. I hope this makes enough sense to get help!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:25 AM

Perhaps the Vizard scripts are changing the resolution to something the HMD does not support. Have you tried other simple scipts or our gallery demo? Also, try expermenting with the nVidia settings by going to "clone" mode so that you see the samthing on the primary and seconday screens.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:54 AM

Problem solved! I hadn't realized that the HMD has to run through the primary monitor. Thanks for your help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: