WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 05-06-2015, 10:28 AM

Question Real Time Lighting/Blender Support Questions

Hello,

I have a couple questions about what Vizard currently supports
  1. Lighting: Is there any plans to make real time lighting better for Vizard, such as compatible lights form 3DS max and such that would allow better use of advanced shaders? I am able to correctly view bump and specular maps through the inspectors real time lighting, however I find that getting the lighting to work in Vizard is much more difficult than it should be.
  2. Blender: I was wondering if there is any OSG support for the free open source 3D modeling program, Blender? If not, do you know if there are any plans to make it compatible?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:42 AM
WorldViz Team Member

1) Lighting: Yes, we plan to improve this lighting workflow in a future release.

2) Blender: There is an OSG exporter that's available and was developed by a 3rd party. This is not something we've tested here or maintain but you could try it out.

Tags
3d modeling, blender, real time lighting, vizard

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: