WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 AM

Object Manipulators

Hii

I am working on some project using vizard and I need the functionality of object manipulators. What I mean is when I select a model, Some manipulators should appear which will give me functionality of scaling,rotating and translating the model. Like there are manipulators in all 3D applications like 3dsmax, Delta3D. Even OSG has a dragger manipulator which gives functionality of translating. So is there something like that in vizard....

If not available in vizard, I have implemented a manipulator in osg. I think vizard is based on osg and uses its plugins. Can there be any method that I can use that implementation by making some plugins.....

Regards
Pankaj Bansal
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 PM
WorldViz Team Member

The grabbing.py example script (File -> Quick Open -> type "grabbing") that comes with Vizard shows how to setup a grab link to rotate and translate an object.

You could create additional callback functions that scale the model when other input events occur while the grab link is active.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 AM

Hey Thanks for replying

Is there some way to do this using mouse. See you must have seen manipulator in 3D application. Like there are axis around the object and if you select the axis the you can do translation or rotation.
I have enterprise license of vizard. So I can use all kind of functionality of vizard. Should I talk to vizard Support people for help If you think they can be of more assistance.

Regards
Pankaj Bansal
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
WorldViz Team Member

The example script handles key press events. You can change it to handle mouse events instead.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM

@jeff
thanks for replying

Even If I modify the grabber example for using the mouse, I won’t be able to do things in 3D. I need to change the position in all 3 axis....

You can help me in any of following ways…
1. I think vizard uses osg at back. In osg they have support for manipulators. They have dragger example. But in vizard that is not available. We have the manipulator implemented in osg. If I can use that in vizard, t would be great. But I am not able to do thatr. Can you please tell me how to use my osg manipulator in vizard.
2. Also there is osgSwig library which is a port of osg for python. If I can use that with vizard, it would be great. But I am not able to figure out how. If you can tell me how can I do that.
3. If vizard has some manipulator functionality which I am not aware of, can you please tell me how can I implement the manipulator.

regards
Pankjaj Bansal
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM
WorldViz Team Member

There are no built-in commands to create manipulators with axes like modeling software. Vizard provides to command to translate, rotate, and scale objects as well as handle user events. So there are ways to program these movements in event callback functions.

Tags
manipulator, object

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: