WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Clamp Actions

Hi Guys,

I am back again looking some advice. I am building a virtual environment where a user can virtually assembly an aircraft component (thus we have the aircraft part and the required fixture that is used during assembly/manufacture)

First of all, all my objects have been created using the aircraft axis (which I do not have at this point in time) so I have worked out the position my objects need to be moved to to be close to vizard's 0,0,0 position. Any better ideas that I should go about this...?

Secondly, I have a series of clamps so to speak, that move in different axis systems. I am having some trouble working out the best way I can get these to move correctly. Actually I am completely lost!!!!

I have tried setting up a spin action for one clamp, it spins but the center point is completely off thus it ends up in space. So I tried taking geode objects of the clamp and spinning them, again works but the center point is off. Is there any way I could link the entire clamp object to a geode that i know is the right center point for movement!?!

Basically guys, I am lost/stuck and would really appreciate some insight? I have to admit I am beginning to think I am wasting my time using vizard for this project, I cannot seem to find anything as complicated/complex or remotely similar to what I am trying to do. Everything seems so simple and honestly, child like, is there anyone out there attempting or have attempted similar research...?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: