WorldViz User Forum  

Go Back   WorldViz User Forum > Vizard

Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 PM

Custom Menu Options

I have used the vizmenu before to display sliders and checkboxes, however is there a way to customise the on screen location, aside from the usual top centre, top right etc. and customise the appearance of the menu?

Furthermore, I require quite a complex GUI, and I'm having trouble with selection order. It's probably a really simple fix, but the problem I am having is that although I can see the buttons, I can't select them individually so I assume this is a layering/draw order issue. How can I alter the draw order of my buttons so I can select them seperately?

Thanks for any help .
Old 06-21-2008, 03:55 PM

Sorry, I feel I should clarify, I realise that was similar to what I asked before.

I would like to use the VizMenu drop down, however position it so that it cascades up from a position of approximately 0.2,0.1 as this sits approximately at the top of my interface. Furthermore, although I have coloured the menu to match in terms of colour, I am not sure of the syntax to texture the menu and specific parts. I have tried for example, menu.texture('cascade1.GIF') but am I missing something?

And the problem I am having with the GUI is that, I have the main interface window in the background and I need about a dozen buttons displayed on top of this, yet I'm having difficulty selecting and displaying these buttons. Is there a simple snippet of code to layer these buttons, as it seems to be seeing everything as one big interface lump. Lastly, would it be possible to have one cascade the VizMenu, for example the company logo acting akin to a start menu button.

Thanks. I wrote the last post in a desperate sleep deprived slump so please excuse the lack of clarity, sense and thought.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:34 PM
WorldViz Team Member

The menu object does not support texturing or custom placement. You could have a look at the code in the vizmenu module and modify it to suit your needs.

I don't understand your second problem regarding the buttons. Can you be more specific?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM

Hi,

Sorry about not replying for a few days, I've had a load of work come my way and this project has had to take a serious back seat for a few days.

The problem is that I am using a screenQuad to depict a border on which all the buttons will sit.

I have tried adding the buttons both as button objects and textures, quads themselves and while I can get the buttons to display, I am unable to select them or extract any information from the button, such as whether it has been pressed or not, despite adapting code from the Vizard Tutorials.

The simulation itself is a 4D construction attempt. I have two calendars in the bottom corner and have created enlarged date numbers as buttons for the dates that tasks are due to be completed on. Therefore, I need to simply say, when button 1 is pressed, A and B are visible, the rest aren't. When button 2 is pressed, C is also visible... etc to allow people to see the different stages of construction.

Thanks for your help. I realise this is probably really simple, however I am unable to adapt the code to firstly use the button and secondly, to make it show/hide things .
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Since my last post I have also attempted using checkboxes, however I have been unable to meet the aesthetic requirements of the project using them, so I must use buttons.

I have tried again experimenting with buttons, however I really have had no success and it's due in less than a week now , please help!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 AM
WorldViz Team Member

It is not clear exactly what the problem is. Can you post some small sample code that recreates the issue you are having?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: